Bilingual: Further Listening 1995 - 1997 (2CD)
The duo’s sixth studio album expanded as a 2CD set.
The 2CD set features the classic album remastered and repackaged, accompanied by ‘Further listening’ disc of master quality bonus tracks - including demos, extended mixes and remixes of tracks plus others created in the same period.
Released in September 1996, ‘Bilingual’ was the sixth studio album to be released by Pet Shop Boys. It was a UK top 5 record upon release and included 5 singles, all of which were UK top 20 singles. As is often the case with PSB records, ‘Bilingual’ comprises many influences, including those of the music of Latin America, due partly to the Spanish and Latin music Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe had been listening to prior to recording the album.
The album was recorded by PSB with Danny Tenaglia and Chris Porter, and includes a Further listening CD of bonus tracks, including new versions of ‘Discoteca’ and ‘A Red Letter Day’.
- Se A Vida É (That’s The Way Life Is)
- It Always Comes As A Surprise
- A Red Letter Day
- Up Against It
- The Survivors
- To Step Aside
- Saturday Night Forever
- Paninaro ’95
- In The Night (1995)
- The Truck-Driver And His Mate
- Hit And Miss
- How I Learned To Hate Rock ’N’ Roll
- Delusions Of Grandeur
- Discoteca (Single Version)
- The Calm Before The Storm
- Discoteca (New Version)
- The Boy Who Couldn’t Keep His Clothes On
- A Red Letter Day (Expanded Single Version)
- The View From Your Balcony
- Disco Potential
- Somewhere (Extended Mix)