The Queen Is Dead (1LP)
Often cited as not only one of the most significant albums of the 80’s, but also The Smiths’ career, The Queen Is Dead became a quintessential and definitive album of the post-punk Rock genre.
This item is currently not available
The Queen Is Dead is The Smiths’ great leap forward, taking the band to new musical and lyrical heights. The album is a harder rocking record than anything the band had attempted before. Johnny Marr has created here a wide range of guitar styles that provide a musical bed for Morrissey’s best set of lyrics which bred some of their finest, most affective songs, particularly “The Boy With the Thorn In His Side” and the epic “There Is a Light That Never Goes Out,” two masterpieces that provide the foundation for a remarkable album.
Receiving unanimous critical acclaim, NME listed The Queen Is Dead as the greatest album of all time in 2013, whilst Metacritic gave the album 99/100. Many reviewers including Rolling Stone praised the satirical social commentary of Morrissey’s lyrics, and complemented the Marr’s “witty, supple music“.
- Vinyl Weight
- Original Release
Capturing the zeitgeist and casting inspiration down the decades, The Smiths third album, The Queen Is Dead, reigns supreme. Read More.
- The Queen Is Dead (2011 Remaster)
- Frankly, Mr. Shankly (2011 Remaster)
- I Know It's Over (2011 Remaster)
- Never Had No One Ever (2011 Remaster)
- Cemetry Gates (2011 Remaster)
- Bigmouth Strikes Again (2011 Remaster)
- The Boy with the Thorn in His Side (2011 Remaster)
- Vicar in a Tutu (2011 Remaster)
- There Is a Light That Never Goes Out (2011 Remaster)
- Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others (2011 Remaster)